Monday, March 8, 2010

OMG! It's Harrod Blank!

I saw a film about Harrod Blank at a documentary film fest yesterday. It was the only film that I saw there. I was drawn to it by a promo that said that Harrod Blank was a Big Name in the art car world. Also that he was a pretty eccentric guy. Check out the link above.

I first learned about art cars in 2001, the first time that I went to Burning Man. Art cars there are frequently also mobile bars and party places. Some are jaw-dropping amazing. There will be an Art Car Fest in the bay area from Sept. 25 - 27. I plan to attend on at least one of these days.

I came away from the film thinking that I'd like to jazz up my Prius a bit, maybe paint some flowers or birds on it, maybe add some shiny things as well. I'm just not willing to trade anonymity for flamboyance on a permanent basis. For now, I'll keep playing with glass and saving jar lids for some future creative use. And the door beads that I got at Goodwill last week, they're going to go on a wall in the pink room.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh that's wonderful, and what great beads, I love it, soon we'll compare notes (on beads that is) I know zilch about car lol
Love to be included in your outings x

Kathy said...

I'm just not willing to trade anonymity for flamboyance on a permanent basis.

Think of all the artists who didn't heed that call! Liberace, Prince, Cher! lol