Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Have Wings. I Can Fly.

Another trip to the Goodwill's store of last resort (before the stuff gets sent to the dump) and I emerged with a glorious treasure, the butterfly wings to the left. At $3, they were pricey - considering that ALL the other things that I bought, pictured at the bottom in the only clickable picture on this post, came to $7. This is not the first time that I have purchased butterfly wings. The ones that Big George has been wearing since his first trip to the playa in 2003 are pretty well trashed. So, for that matter, is Big George (though he will hopefully be Burning Man bound in 2011.) As to the multi-mega-mighty awesome wings that I got today, I'm looking forward to sporting them at some of the music festivals that I'll be attending this summer.

9 comments:

Nola said...

We have similar called "tip shops" plus many 2nd hand places and charity shops.....how I love to trawl through those looking for "treasure" :)

Kathy said...

I have this image in my head of you putting those wings on, dancing around awhile and then just taking off and flying! Maybe we should all design our own wings. I think I want macrame with lots of fringe.

Lorraine said...

If wasn't until I retired that I finally had a taste of the joyful and oftentime magical items for peanuts lol Soon we'll be sharing garage sales finds and maybe exchanging ...who knows x

ArleneWKW said...

Nola: Tasmania is on my short list of places I'd like to visit. When I do so, I'll be sure to check out some of the "tip shops."

Kathy: Your macrame wings sound like they could be very holy. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Lorraine: I shall look for a Lorraine find next time I'm thrift shopping. I'd be interested to see how you'd place it in one of your visual creations.

Kathy said...

I hear Leno is looking for guests! Holy Angel wings, Batman! lol

ArleneWKW said...

Tee hee hee, Kathy.

Mick & Cathy said...

Butterfly wings, do you wear them or eat them, lol

ArleneWKW said...

Mick: Ha, that's funny.

Lorraine said...

You are 2 cool ;)