Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Kitties, My Flower Project, and Plato and a Platypus (again)

Mousie (orange) and
Daisy (black)


The writing on the yellow paper says "4th attempt," but the 4th attempt was NOT the final attempt.

I may have finally achieved success with the 5th attempt; I'll only know at the end of this project (and then it might be too late). What I was trying to do (and may have finally done) is make 8
holes in a one quarter inch thick round of plastic and 3 thin sheets of plastic that would line up with each other. Thankfully the four failed attempts were needed on only one of these layers; the others required one to four total attempts. I think I now know what I wish I'd known at the start of the process.

I count myself lucky that on this, my first solo with a power drill,

I somehow avoided swiss cheesing either hand.

I've been working on this project since the beginning of March. The photos at right are the ones that didn't make the cut, but give
an idea of what I'm doing, or hope to be doing. Hopefully I'll be able to include a photo of the finished project by the end of August . . . 2008.


Two Cows:

Two cows are standing in the pasture. One turns to the other and says,"Although pi is usually abbreviated to five numbers, it actually goes on into infinity.”

The second cow turns to the first and says, “Moo.”

From Plato and a Platypus Walk into a Bar . . . Understanding
Philosophy Through Jokes by Thomas Cathcart & Daniel Klein

7 comments:

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Hi Arlene. Just popped in to say hello. Daisy does look like Salem. We found Salem when he was 4 week old. My husband found him in the engine of the car when he was getting ready to change the oil. He has been our brat cat since then. He is now four years old, but still thinks he's a kitten.
Thanks for your visits and hope to see you again soon.
Lisa

laughingwolf said...

moo who? :P lol

can't hubby give you tips/hints in your projects?

Anonymous said...

Love your cats.. they look very sweet. Thanks for sharing.

ArleneWKW said...

Lisa: "in the engine of the car," oh my! I guess it's lucky that he didn't start the car with the kitty in it.

Laughingwolf: Hubby helped me with the first round when I was only planning on having 2 plastic layers and holes. When I decided to add a layer and 4 holes, I got into I-can-do-it-myself mode. With each mistake, I thought I'd found the correction. When I was on the 5th attempt, Matt gently asked, "Can I help you?" Certain of success, I declined. I'll find out if that was the correct decision at the end of the process. Thanks for asking re. hubby's help.

Daniele: Thanks for commenting. I really appreciate it.

new*me said...

your kitties are so cute :) When I was single, I had three adorable indoor cats that were my babies. The kids take up so much time and energy, I'm afraid an indoor pet may be too much........maybe when they are older :)

laughingwolf said...

if not help, how about advice? ;)

ArleneWKW said...

Thanks Annette. Your adopted outside kitty is so so cute. I forget how old your kids are.

Laughingwolf: He'd have been willing to give it had I asked, but I was wanting to fly solo.