Monday, November 30, 2009

Worked with Sculpture Jammers group today for about 4 hours today doing stuff I've not done before like bending rebar around a tree trunk, using tools I've never used before like something called a sawall (even though I'd first wisely decided not to try for fear of severing my fingers or toes), became brave and superman-macho-feeling after successfully using said sawall tool. Am too tired to type coherently. Would probably be better to delete this. Too tired to check for typos + grammar. Probably too tired to delete. And yet. And yet. I still must try to finish creating The Cosmos so that it can maybe be installed tomorrow. Photos will eventually follow.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

It is so empowering to conquer power tools! Are they really any harder to operate than a big mixer or food processor? My husband wouldn't touch those!

ArleneWKW said...

but you can't cut off a finger or toe with a mixer or food processor.

That said, I don't want my hubby playing with my toys.

Lorraine said...

I'm in awe...I'm afraid of power tools, they don't like me,can't say I'm fond of them, in fact the camera's about the only thing I can use! I'm impressed! ps your writing is almost perfect just one word you used twice for nothing, split by a word...a little teaser :)
can't wait to see the photos, where I can actually make a worthy comment!

ArleneWKW said...

Lorraine: Pictures of power tools + current state of Cosmos will follow. ALL your comments are worthy.