Monday, February 9, 2009

Just Checking In and What Is Your Word?

I'm busy with a long deferred photo project. Before I continue with it, I should get current with too long deferred paperwork. I'd like to freeze time and the activities of the rest of the world while I complete both. I'd be most grateful to anyone who can do this for me. A bit of good news is that I've rediscovered sleep, courtesy of a house guest for whom I provided an extra blanket which I've since added to the ones I'd already been using. I hadn't felt cold before this, but apparently the extra warmth lets me ease into Sleepland. I attended my first Weight Watcher meeting of the new year on Thursday weighing more than I've ever weighed. I've been on track for the last three days.

Last Saturday, January 31st, I woke up at 4 a.m. so that I could participate in an "Epic Bird Tour" with a local environment group. We went to three bird refuges. My pictures did not turn out as well as I had hoped, but I'm sharing four of them anyway. The coolest moments were when thousands of geese flew above us.












Onwards now to my various projects.

Oooops, I just checked Cory's blog and came across this wonderful 5 question quiz. I can't believe how accurately it describes me.

Your Word is "Why"
You see life as complicated and intriguing. The only thing you know for sure is that you haven't figured it all out yet.
You question everything and believe very little. And whatever you believe is likely to change.

You are interested in theories, philosophies, and religions... even if you don't buy into any of them.
You are also fascinated by how things work. You'd like to understand as much in the world as possible.

7 comments:

new*me said...

that was so cool!! Mine was Hope:

You see life as an opportunity for learning, growth, and bringing out the best in others.
No matter how bad things get, you always have at least a glimmer of optimism.

You are accepting and forgiving. You encourage those who have wronged you to turn over a new leaf.
And while there is a lot of ugliness in the world, you believe that almost no one is beyond redemption.


This is me! WOW!

laughingwolf said...

pretty funny you missed the same quiz on MY page :P lol

ArleneWKW said...

Annette: Glad you tried it.

Laughingwolf: Ooooooooops.

Kathy said...

Mine was "Think" and was a pretty accurate description of me...thanks for the link!

laughingwolf said...

lol

ArleneWKW said...

Kathy: You're very welcome.

Laughingwolf: tee hee hee

Rebecca said...

Mine was "LOVE". No argument there. thanks for sharing the link.