Sunday, July 29, 2012

Incapacitating Pain

At this point in my life, the level of pain that I am experiencing on any given day determines what I do and what I don't do, that and fatigue because of inadequate sleep. The pain in my back is often incapacitating. It is complicated by an unresolved (unresolvable?) medical issue that causes moderate to acute pain; when the latter, I am unable to do the stretching exercises that ease the pain in my back. When I've exerted myself physically today, I have felt moderate pain. Earlier, I made a comment on Kathy's blog about the importance of consistency. It is time for me to get off of my comfortable reclining brown chair and do the exercises that I CAN do today.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Not being able to sleep is so debilitating! Nothing is worse. I finally have enough of the Gabapentin that my legs don't burn all night and keep me awake. It is such a relief after months of crying and trying not to wake Harold and wondering if life is worth living. People who haven't suffered have no idea!

ArleneWKW said...

Absolutely Kathy. I'm glad you checked my blog. I'm planning to write about the real issues in my life about which I haven't previously dared shared. One of the reasons I haven't posted is because of the nature of the stuff with which I've been dealing, pain and loss, but also the blessings that make my life worthwhile and mostly joyful.

Out of Sight L said...

I am so sorry sweetie i hate to think of your pain r anyone else's I care about
ps I had the exact armchair and mine was also pink like yours but the kittens tore it to pieces and it didn't go at all with my decor so I threw if out. I will read about your pain, and add you to my prayers everymorning, my pain is in my heart....Hi Kathy I'll see you soon
the word def is meenEd 2...did he hurt you? an if so I'm so sorry

Kathy said...

I can imagine where constant pain might lead. I know where my head has been in the past few months! I don't share my darkest thoughts with my family but I am much better now and so is my mood!

ArleneWKW said...

Thanks for your comments and concern Lorraine and Kathy. I experience little or no pain when I'm sitting on my brown chair. On a bad day, preparing a salad can be very painful. Usually, I experience some to moderate pain doing this. Walking a city block is extremely painfully right now especially later in the day after I have exerted myself earlier in the day. I'm glad you're feeling better Kathy. Hopefully I'll get some relief with my current level of pain. I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist next Friday. If he is unable to help me, I will consider taking morphine or another pain reliever.