Friday, April 6, 2012

Chaos



The bookcases around the fireplace were to be installed today.  Before they got 
into hammering, the men who were here to install it discovered that the way 
it was designed did not take into consideration the two electrical outlets on each side.  The bookcase needs to be modified or the electrical outlets on each side need to be moved before more work can be done.  My 16+ boxes of books will remain in their boxes.  The disruption of the building process will be pushed down the line.  Chaos.

 Meanwhile the contractor and his worker (two different people) have been working on the outside dealing with dry rot and woodpecker damage on the siding and front of the house. Today, they were rebuilding the fence in the rear.  Next week they will be in the kitchen installing "candle lights" to replace the ugly fluorescent tubes.  After that, the laundry floor will need to be replaced.  Chaos.

Yesterday, besides the contractor and his worker, the electrician and his helper were dealing with electrical issues.  This included switching a chandelier from my old house to the new one.  Chaos.

Chaos.  Disruption   I have a huge problem dealing with this.  (At least I've gotten a handle on the garage mess - with some of it ending up on my kitchen table). 

I find it hard to focus on what I need to do in the midst of this chaos.  It is hard for me to prioritize.  It particularly hard for me to do what is in my long term interest.  It is easy for me instead to choose instant gratification.The chronic pain with which I live, especially the acute flare ups,  have a significant multiplier effect.  It is in this confluence of these horribles that I am trying (again) to make healthful food choices and  exercise consistently.  




4 comments:

Timoteo said...

All is chaos. (Hope you can make some sense of it!)

Kathy said...

Instant gratification! Don't you love it? I should have it cross-stitched and hung on the wall. There are times when I just know I would feel all better if I ate something decadent! And then I get scared to death that I will have to live with this pain forever. Hugs! And a big dose of whatever makes you feel better!

ArleneWKW said...

Timoteo: My challenge is to order the chaos in my own little world. Thanks for your insight.

Kathy: Thanks. I keep hoping that my awareness would restrain my acts of self indulgence. When my physical pain reaches a certain level, the consequences are irrelevant to me.

Out of Sight L said...

Chaos is all over my place, every time I try to clear the chaos it gets worse...I have no idea how to fix it
I'm sorryyou have pain