Monday, August 9, 2010

A Teaser


This video of a group of women exercising was taken when Rachael and I were walking a few blocks from our hotel in Chengdu. It is not unusual to see groups of people publicly exercising in China. Outdoor exercise equipment, including a non-motorized version of my beloved elliptical cross trainer, can be found in many places, available for free to anyone who chooses to use it. The young woman who is making a silly face towards the end of this video is wonderful Rachael.

I will eventually get to starting my China blog. When I was taking a quick peek at my photos last night, I knew I wanted to share this one with you.

I will probably not get around to checking out the blogs of my on-line friends until at least next week.

4 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Welcome back Arlene

Reminds me of a few weeks ago, I stayed at a hotel overnight where a group of Chinese tourists were also staying. Last thing at night and first thing in the morning they were all in the car park doing exercises.

ArleneWKW said...

Mick: It's good to see you on my blog. Interesting about the Chinese tourists.

Lorraine said...

That is sooooo cool Arlene, I love the flash from your daughter, and wow that sounds like the kind of exercice I could really use...I can't wait to follow you on your China Blog

ArleneWKW said...

Lorraine: Thanks. It may be a while before I get to doing the China blog, but I'm looking forward to writing it.