Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just A Quickie Note (and For Laughingwolf)

I haven't fallen off the planet and I haven't "given up" blogging. There are just so many options as to how I can spend my time and so (comparatively) few hours available to do the things that I want to do and have to do that I find that weeks pass before I even think about getting on line with this. I think about a number of my blogging friends at random times and wonder how they are doing. Since this usually happens when I'm in such places as the car or shower, I can't just click on an icon and find out. Right now I'm simultaneously doing laundry, making nuisance calls (ie. to charge card companies), and dealing with the ever growing paper pile on my desk. I'm tempted to check the blogs of some of my on-line friends now, but that would put me even further behind with my "To Do" list. Sooooooo, as I turn back to the (possibly eternal) PP (paper pile), I hope that all who read this enjoy extraordinarily satisfying lives in the days and weeks ahead. And for myself, I wish for one of these three things: greater efficiency in accomplishing life's "have to's" or the removal of my need for sleep or a whole bunch of more hours in my day.

For Laughingwolf:

This is the sweatshirt to which I referred in my comment to Laughingwolf's October 5th post entitled "sheep...? Electric Sheep." The picture is of a "Pythagorean Tree," which is the result of creating fractals from the proof of the Pythagorean Theorem: A squared plus B squared equals C squared.The Pythagorean theorem: The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).




Onwards.

9 comments:

40 Something said...

hey I am still alive, but working on sparkpeople now, i am down to 337 again, which is only a few pounds from my low during my blogger days, my profile has a link to my page on sparkpeople, but its not a blog like i use to do, mostly i am part of challenge team and on their private forums, i miss you and want to encourage you, i need a role model on how to fight the regain

Kathy said...

I read a lot of blogs...call me curious!...but, I can guarantee you that yours is the only one I will read today which discusses...with illustration... the Pythagorean Theorem! lol!

Nona said...

I know exactly what you mean. I have reduced my blogging to once a week when I try to write a post and pop around to whoever has updated and say a quick hi. If I can I'll jump back on within the week to visit people I've missed but usually I only get to do once a week. Today, I made some headway in my to do list and I'm as pleased as punch. Good Luck!!!

ArleneWKW said...

Twice the Man: Welcome back to the blogosphere. It looks like you have to join sparkpeople to leave a comment. Sent me your e-mail address if you'd like me to get back to you.

Kathy: Thank you so much for commenting even though I've been so absent these last several weeks.

Nona: I appreciate your taking the time to comment. I guess we're both finding it hard to keep up with other things in our lives and also blog. If I discover a way to get more hours in the day, you'll be one of the first people I notify.

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Hi Arlene. glad to see yo back among the bloggers! I know what a pain it can be to have so much to do and so little time to do it. I'm finding that out the hard way currently. I will be so glad when our moving is done and over with!
Take care and have a great week.
Lisa

Lorraine said...

Oh so so cool, I like brains ;) I miss you a lot!

Moby Dick said...

Hello Arlene!

Yes, it is hard to keep up with everything! Life is way too short!!

ArleneWKW said...

Lisa: I hope your moving is going well. I know it's more than a one day, one week, or even one month process.

Lorraine: Thanks. I also miss blogging. I want 37 hour days.

Spider: Good to hear from you. Life is indeed way to short.

40 Something said...
This comment has been removed by the author.